Recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs) are defined as two or more infections in six months or three or more in a year. Research shows that recurrent UTIs affect more than 30% of women. If you suffer from recurrent UTIs, you and your healthcare team will likely discuss a number of options that may help manage the rate of occurrence of future infection. Strategies may include a longer-term antibiotic prescription, topical hormone therapy, and/or self-care recommendations. Supplementation with specific probiotics, vitamins and enough of the helpful compounds found in cranberry products (proanthocyanidins or PACs) may also be considered.
Cystex Ultra Protection is the only probiotic and cranberry formula clinically shown to help maintain urinary tract health in over 90% of healthy women with a history of recurrent UTIs.1
Cystex Ultra Protection is specifically formulated for healthy women who are prone to urinary tract infections because it includes:
- Probiotics: The Lactobacillus probiotics strains (acidophilus PXN 35 and plantarum PXN 47) in Cystex Ultra Protection are clinically shown and with a precise quantity for urinary tract health (1 billion live cultures per day). These probiotics are known for their activity against common UTI pathogens E. coli and E. faecalis.*
- Cranberry: Cranberry PACs are the parts of cranberry that have anti-adhesion properties, preventing bacteria from sticking to the urinary tract. Cystex Ultra Protection contains 36mg PACs of cranberry extract per day. This has been shown in clinical trials to promote urinary tract health, with potent bacterial anti-adhesion activity. Two daily capsules of Cystex Ultra Protection contain exactly that amount.*
- Bio-Shield™ Technology: Formulated to protect cranberry PACs from stomach acid.
- Vitamin A: An essential nutrient known to help with normal immune function and to support healthy mucous membranes including those lining the urinary tract.*
- Proven Results: In a clinical study in otherwise healthy women with a history of UTIs, over 90% of the participants maintained their urinary health while taking Cystex Ultra Protection.1